So I've been pretty busy with uni work at the moment but I thought I would share some of the photographs I have styled and taken for my media project. Both of the blue dresses and the shoes are from Primark, the dress with the black sleeves is actually in the sale at the moment for £2!!
It's getting to that time of year again where we start having a bit of a panic about what to get people for Christmas, I know when people ask me the response is normally 'errrrrrr'! This year I thought I would do a christmas wish-list post as for one I have an idea of what i would like. The earmuffs look amazing, you can also connect them to your phone/ iPod/ mp3 player so you can listen to music while keeping your ears warm. The picture frame looks so cute, I really don't have enough pictures in my room at the moment and this would fit in with the style of my room perfectly! As for the charm I've been collecting them for ages and this would be a perfect edition to it. I've wanted a pair of boots like these ones from River Island for ages, I really like the style of them and they do look rather comfy. The boohoo dress was one of the first things that caught my attention on their site, I really like the cut out shoulders and the sequins, it would be the perfect christmas/ new year party dress.
I've been a really bad blogger lately as my posts seam to be getting further apart, however I am now making it my mission to post at least once a week! A few weeks ago (almost a month ago!) i was nominated for the Liebster Awarded by the lovely Kenzie over at kenziebenalibeauty. For anyone unfamiliar with this it is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers who they feel deserve some recognition. This helps new and upcoming bloggers to establish themselves within the blogging community.
1. What inspired you to start out on the blogging scene? There are a few blogs that i had been following for a few years and I always thought it would be pretty cool to have my own, then once I started at university that gave me the confidence to finally start one. 2. Who is your style icon and why? Alexa Chung... her style is so effortless and she always gets it right. 3. Would you rather have a fashion line or a beauty range? Fashion Line 4. Who is your favourite designer? There are so many! If i had to pick one it would probably be Galliano, I love the theatrical aspect of his shows! 5. If you could only take 3 beauty products to a desert island, what would they be? Moisturiser, mascara, sun cream (not much of a beauty product but I wouldn't want to come off it looking like a tomato!) 6. What is your top beauty tip? Use a primer before putting on your foundation. 7. High fashion or editorial? Editorial 8. What is your favourite highstreet shop and why? Topshop, their jeans are amazing and they always have what i'm looking for. 9. Who inspires you most in the world? Im not really sure that there is one person who inspires me the most, I think that looking to what I could achieve and do in the future is enough to inspire me to do well and work hard to get there. 10. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time? I would love to be working for Company Magazine... if not then i would hope to be in a career that I love. Here is a list of me nominees... I have really enjoyed reading your blogs and think you guys have so much potential :) Chelsea - http://chubbysticksandcrumpets.blogspot.co.uk Lucy - http://lucyballard.blogspot.co.uk/ Laura - http://velvetmojitos.blogspot.co.uk/ MaryLou - http://englishrainblog.blogspot.co.uk/ Kathleen - http://madeinthe1990s.blogspot.co.uk/ Here are my questions :) 1. What made you want to start a blog? 2. Who is your blogging inspiration? 3. What item of clothing could you not live without? 4. If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you would buy? 5. Designer or highstreet? 6. What is your favourite highstreet shop? 7. What is your top beauty product? 8. If you had to give up foundation or mascara what would it be? 9. Who is your style icon and why? 10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
1. The Liebster award is given by bloggers to other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. Each blogger should answer the questions that are asked by the person doing the nominating.
3. Choose 5 new bloggers to nominate for this award and link them in your post.
4. Create ten new questions for your nominees.
5. Inform each nominee that they have been nominated
6. Thank and link the blogger who nominated you in your post!
So I've just started my second year at uni and thought it would be a good idea to do a post on essential dresses for all the freshers out there. I think every girl needs a good selection of dresses for day wear end evening wear. Last year I would probably spend about 3 hours in my room before going out because I wouldn't have a clue what to wear... the whole "I have no clothes" thing was something that would often pop into my head while looking at my overflowing wardrobe! below are my top dresses from New Look... They offer student discount so remember to show your card when buying from them! Day Dresses
I think having a decent day dress and a decent going out dress is so important! Even if you were to just get a day dress it is so easy to dress it up a bit by wearing heals rather than flats and by adding some statement jewelry.
Started new job at Carphone Warehouse | Stick of rock from EE | Went up The Shard
Trip to London | Night out for Nicole's 19th (middle) | Nails from Boots
Cocktails in Portsmouth | Blue eyeliner | Made a cake
I thought I should start doing a month in photos as I am finding it quite hard to post regularly now that i'm working again. This month has been pretty good, I cant believe im going back to uni in 3 weeks... summer has gone so quickly!
It's been a few weeks since my last blog post (sorry about that) but I have been busy with training for my new job then actually starting it. The training was in London on Oxford street (my bank account is looking very depressing as a result) and I got to stay in a hotel in Covent Garden for 5 days!
We got told to dress smart as if we were at work but this only lasted a day because of the heat, so for the rest of the training we were allowed to be a little more casual. The pictures below are what I wore each day, however on day 3 I was running a little late so I didn't have time to take any.
Today I thought i would do something a bit different and share my perfume collection, it is only small but I don't see the point in using a load of different perfumes all the time as you end up with too much choice.
When putting on a perfume I would recommend using a body lotion first (preferably by the same brand as the perfume) this is because it helps the perfume last longer and enhances the smell.
Even though i don't have the perfume to match, the Jean Paul Gaultier body lotion it is actually my favorite to use in the summer, although it is not very clear on the picture it does have little bits of glitter in the lotion to give your skin a 'shimmer' effect.
As for actual perfume I love the Juicy Couture perfumes! I have been using the original for a few years and this is actually only the second bottle I have had to buy. It has a fruity floral scent and one of the reasons i love this perfume is because the smell really lasts, I have had people comment hours after i'v put it on that they can still smell it.
I got Kylie Minogue's perfume as a Christmas present, normally I avoid celebrity perfumes and go for a brand but this has actually grown on me. It has a floral scent and a very feminine feel. This is the sort of perfume I would wear during the day, where as I would use the Juicy Couture perfume in the evening if i'm going out.
Kylie's perfume is a little cheaper than Juicy Couture however if you were only going to buy one I would spend the extra money.
I feel I should start by saying that the top i'm wearing was given to me about 5 years ago (don't know how it still fits!) It is actually longer in length but I have folded it under the belt. This is the sort of thing that could be worn with jeans without the belt to dress it down.
This outfit is great if you are a pear shape or if you want to make your bum and hips look smaller because the detail on the top keeps the attention there. This could also work the other way if you are top heavy by putting the detail on the bottom and wearing something plain on top.
Next week I am going away for a few days for training before I start my new job, the fact i'm going to have money again is rather exciting and I know I will go a bit crazy with the spending as I haven't had money to spend for the last few months. Oxford Street here I come!
I bought this little beauty the other day while at the Herts & Beds blogger meet up. A lot of people have recommended using a BB cream so I thought I might as well try it. The Rimmel London BB cream was the one that most people seamed to be happiest with and it did look pretty good.
For those of you who don't know what a BB cream is, its basically your moisturiser, foundation and concealer all in one. This particular BB cream primes, moisturises, minimises pores, conceals, covers, smoothes, mattifies, brightens and helps protect your skin (wow thats a lot)
I have only been using this a couple of days but already i think my skin looks better, it smoothes skin tone and its light on your skin so it really feels like you're not wearing anything.
On Sunday I went to my first blogger meet up which was held in St Albans. It was a really nice day out and it was great to meet people with the same interests in fashion and beauty. I missed the first hour of the meet up because of how unreliable British public transport is (2 buses didn't turn up and i ended up waiting an hour and a half for one!) and by the time I got there everyone was heading to Lush, when we got there we told them we were all bloggers so they asked for our links and gave us all a free sample of one of their cleansers.
After Lush we went into Benefit and Bare Minerals, going into Benefit and not buying anything was a challenge as i am completely obsessed with their products (probably about 80% of my makeup collection.) We then headed to Superdrug, where we were followed around by their staff, so we left and went to Boots instead.
After Boots it was off to Champneys where one off us picked up a tub of their body scrub and passed it around for us all to smell, next thing there was a bit of a rush for the till as we all bought one! We then went to Space NKand even though I couldn't afford to buy anything it was great to have a look round as I have never been in there before.
The above photos are the only ones I took (was a little awkward getting my iPad out to take photos) and the photos below belong to Courtney from http://www.courtzmelv.com/